Health & Wellness Services
Do you attend one of JABA’s Community Senior Centers or Adult Care Centers? Do you live in one of our affordable senior housing communities? If so, you can utilize JABA’s free health services. Nurses provide regular health screenings, treatment for minor injuries, assistance with medication management, information on health issues and assistance in managing chronic diseases.
Other important JABA health programs are also available:
- Care Transitions - Hospital to Home: If you are a senior who will be discharged from the hospital, or are leaving a nursing home after a recent hospitalization, JABA is available to provide a “health coach” who may visit you in the hospital or skilled nursing facility.
- Self-Care for Chronic Conditions: A program designed to give individuals who have chronic diseases the opportunities to develop the skills and confidence to self-manage their diseases and improve their quality of life.
- Have you created an advance directive? Learn more about advance healthcare planning.
- Developing program: A nearly $1 million federal grant to the Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services (DARS) will launch a pilot project between UVA and JABA to establish a coordinated care system for persons with dementia and their caregivers. Learn more.
JABA Bulletin Board
- BREAKING: Best of C-Ville 2017: JABA voted one of area’s best non-profits!
- ATTENTION: Are you new to Medicare? Want to get the most out of your Part D prescription insurance plan during Medicare’s Open Enrollment? Do you need health insurance through the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)? Give our Insurance Counseling office a call or drop us an email: 434-817-5248 or email@example.com.
- Read the Generation Us section of The Daily Progress every Friday, a collaboration between JABA, The Senior Center and The Daily Progress
Sign up for JABA's monthly 'Continuum' e-newsletter.