See the video here on how to save on Medicare costs.
JABA offers trained and certified counselors to assist with:
- Medicare: A, B, C, D and Supplement Insurance Options
- Commonwealth Coordinated Care Plus (CCC+)
- Medicare billing Fraud Prevention, Detection, and Reporting
- Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Health Insurance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) USDA Food & Nutrition Services
- Extra Help for Medicare Part D
- Medicare Savings Program (MSP)
- The 2019 Open Enrollment Period for Medicare health insurance coverage runs from October 15, 2018, to December 7, 2018.
- The 2019 Open Enrollment Period for the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) runs from November 1, 2018, to Saturday, December 15, 2018.
JABA can counsel people who are new to these programs, screen for eligibility of benefits, and help with questions once enrolled. Counseling sessions are by appointment at JABA’s central office in Charlottesville and in surrounding areas via mobile units. Please call (434) 817-5248 to schedule an appointment.
New to Medicare? New to Medicare classes are always being offered. Check here for the latest schedule of classes. If you would like to set up a New to Medicare Class for your business, church, or organization call Lenore Jordan at (434) 817-5248.
Note about Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) enrollment: Marketplace Certified Applications Counselors are available year round to help with changes in circumstances and special enrollment.
Our program is part of a national network of assistance programs: the Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program (VICAP), the Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP), the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the National Council on Aging HUD approved Reverse Mortgages, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), and Health Benefit Programs.
JABA Main Office
674 Hillsdale Drive, Suite 9, Charlottesville, VA 22901
Phone: (434) 817-5248
Open: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday
Concerns We May Be Able to Assist You With:
- I am new to Medicare and I know there are penalties for not setting it up correctly.
- Can I get help with the insurance plans available through the Affordable Care Act?
- I am struggling to make ends meet. How do I know if I am eligible for help?
Insurance Tools and Benefit Application Sites:
- Medicare.gov – Official Site
- My Medicare Matters – National Council on Aging Medicare information site
- Medicare Fraud and Prevention – National Senior Medicare Patrol Program
- Medicare Rights Center – National Advocacy and Information Organization
- Inpatient or Outpatient Costs
- Social Security Administration – Official Site
- Long-term care Insurance – Official Site of US Health and Human Services
- Medicare Preventive Services Quick Reference Guide
- Apply/Screen for: Extra Help Paying for Medicare Part D Prescription Plan – Official Site of Social Security
- Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) - Official Site of Federal Health Insurance Exchange
Take me to the Virginia Navigator for statewide resources.