See the video here on how to save on Medicare costs.
JABA offers trained and certified counselors to assist with:
- Medicare: A, B, C, D and Supplement Insurance Options
- Commonwealth Coordinated Care (CCC)
- Medicare billing Fraud Prevention, Detection, and Reporting
- Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Health Insurance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) USDA Food & Nutrition Services
- Extra Help for Medicare Part D
- Medicare Savings Program (MSP)
JABA can counsel people who are new to these programs, screen for eligibility of benefits, and help with questions once enrolled. Counseling sessions are by appointment at JABA’s central office in Charlottesville and in surrounding areas via mobile units.
New to Medicare? New to Medicare classes are always being offered. Contact Lenore Jordan at (434) 817-5248 to schedule an appointment today!
Note about Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) enrollment: Marketplace Certified Applications Counselors are available year round to help with changes in circumstances and special enrollment. Remember: ACA Open Enrollment for 2018 is from November 1 to December 15.
Our program is part of a national network of assistance programs: the Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program (VICAP), the Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP), the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the National Council on Aging HUD approved Reverse Mortgages, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), and Health Benefit Programs.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- JABA Main Office
- 674 Hillsdale Drive, Suite 9, Charlottesville, VA 22901
- Phone: (434) 817-5248
- Open: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday
Concerns We May Be Able to Assist You With:
- I am new to Medicare and I know there are penalties for not setting it up correctly. Can you help?
- Can I get help with the insurance plans available through the Affordable Care Act?
- I am struggling to make ends meet. How do I know if I am eligible for help?
- Is a Reverse Mortgage right for me?
Insurance Tools and Benefit Application Sites:
Medicare.gov – Official Site
My Medicare Matters – National Council on Aging Medicare information site
Medicare Fraud and Prevention – National Senior Medicare Patrol Program
Medicare Rights Center – National Advocacy and Information Organization
Social Security Administration – Official Site
Long-term care Insurance – Official Site of US Health and Human Services
Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) – Official Site of Federal Health Insurance Exchange
Apply/Screen for: Extra Help Paying for Medicare Part D Prescription Plan – Official Site of Social Security
Screen for: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – USDA Food & Nutrition Services
Apply for: Medicaid, SNAP, Medicare Savings Program, Energy Savings – Common Help VA
Take me to the Virginia Navigator for statewide resources.