Are you looking for a place to gather resource information, meet new friends, get involved in activities, or enjoy day trips? You have found the place.
JABA serves the daily needs of the aging community, their families and caregivers through JABA's Community Senior Centers, located in Charlottesville, Southern Albemarle County, Louisa County, Nelson County, Fluvanna County, and Greene County. Each center also offers a hot, healthy lunch, member only free health screenings, and most importantly a sense of connection and community.
- Visit the JABA Community Senior Centers website!
- Visit JABA's Volunteer page to see about opportunities at our Senior Centers!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is this? The JABA Community Senior Center programs offer a diverse schedule of activities including exercise, socialization, health screenings, volunteer opportunities and lunch. These programs are geared towards individuals 60 and above. However, opportunities for engagement are available to all ages.
- Who can attend? An individual must be fully independent, manage their own medications and personal care and able to actively participate in activities. Caregivers are expected to attend along with individuals who require personal assistance.
- How do you join? Make an appointment with a Center Manager to attend the center one day as a visitor. Once an individual decides to join, an appointment is scheduled for our intake process, which includes a screening by our nurse and completion of paperwork. At that appointment we will discuss the attendance schedule and all the details.
- Is there a cost? There is no cost to join as a member and attend. However, day members are asked to contribute a donation toward lunch. The suggested donation is $3.00 per day. There may also be optional field trips or special activities that require a fee.
For more information or to schedule a visit, contact JABA's Main Office at 434.817.5222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.