Are you looking for a place to meet new friends, get involved in activities, learn about community resources and enjoy day trips? One of JABA’s seven Community Senior Centers (in Charlottesville, plus Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa and Nelson counties) may be for you. Each center offers nourishing lunches, health services and connection with your peers. Nourish your body, mind and spirit through exercise, music, crafts and other activities. Membership is free (small suggested donation for lunch).
- Visit the JABA Community Senior Centers website!
- Visit JABA's Volunteer page to see about opportunities at our Senior Centers!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is this? The JABA Community Senior Center programs offer a diverse schedule of activities including exercise, socialization, health screenings, volunteer opportunities and lunch. These programs are geared towards individuals 60 and above. However, opportunities for engagement are available to all ages.
- Who can attend? An individual must be fully independent, manage their own medications and personal care and able to actively participate in activities. Caregivers are expected to attend along with individuals who require personal assistance.
- How do you join? Make an appointment with a Center Manager to attend the center one day as a visitor. Once an individual decides to join, an appointment is scheduled for our intake process, which includes a screening by our nurse and completion of paperwork. At that appointment we will discuss the attendance schedule and all the details.
- Is there a cost? There is no cost to join as a member and attend. However, day members are asked to contribute a donation toward lunch. The suggested donation is $3.00 per day. There may also be optional field trips or special activities that require a fee.
For more information or to schedule a visit, contact JABA's Main Office at 434.817.5222 or email@example.com.